Grow a Generation is one of the most unique adventures in STEM Education in the country! You’ll love our core values and curriculum. Our approach partners students as young as 3rd grade through 12th grade with mentors from academic and professional STEM environments. They create websites, film YouTube episodes, write children’s books, and create video games that serve a meaningful purpose. You can check out their projects on our Project page.
STEM Education Project Collaborator
Online Fridays 8:30 am until 4:00 pm
Do you want to inspire kids (grades 3-12) to create meaningful projects with Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math alongside world-renowned academics and business leaders?
We need a STEM Education Project Collaborator on Fridays from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm. Additional hours are available.
Project Collaborators are expected to be hands-on and a part of the projects with the students. Familiarity with Google Suite and video editing is a must. The first responsibility is to help students navigate menus and follow along with online tutorials. You do not need to have mastered all the technology they are working with, but you do need to have a willingness to learn beside them and work through problems. One day you may be helping them understand a GPS sensor enough to describe in a children’s book, another day you are helping them backtrack to the right tutorial to get their Awesome Table integrated into their website, and another capturing their work through screens to feature in a video.
The primary focus will be to assist students in grades six through twelfth as they work on their meaning fellowship projects. You can view some of our past and current projects at https://growageneration.com/projects/.
You are not alone. Support is there for you as well.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead and work alongside groups of up to 6 online students through technology, engineering, and entrepreneurial activities;
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment;
- Manage student behavior online by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures;
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies;
- Prepare lessons in advance for work within each session.
- Follow through with documentation, correspondence, and advanced prep work for consecutive classes.
- Enthusiastically involve the students, reaching out to the absent, and making each of them feel an invaluable member of the team!
- Create a folder on Google Drive
- Upload your Resume and Cover Letter
- Submit the link for the Google Folder to Jacobwg”at”growageneration.com
Add to your experience, develop your skillset, and realize your potential with our team!