Grow a Generation is one of the most unique adventures in STEM Education in the country! You’ll love our core values and curriculum. Our approach partners students as young as 3rd grade through 12th grade with mentors from academic and professional STEM environments. They create websites, film YouTube episodes, write children’s books, and create video games that search for a meaningful purpose.
STEM Learning Facilitator
Evenings at the STEM Leadership Center at Baden Academy in Baden PA
This position is part-time. Depending on candidate availability, Facilitators typically work between 10-20 hours per week.
Do you want to inspire kids (grades 6-10) to create meaningful projects with Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math?
We need a STEM Learning Facilitator on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm. Additional hours are available to work from home or our office in Economy Borough.
Grow a Generation is one of the most unique adventures into STEM Education in the country! You’ll love our core values and curriculum. Our approach partners students as young as 3rd grade through 12th grade with mentors from academic and professional STEM environments. They create websites, film YouTube episodes, write children’s books, and create video games that search for a meaningful purpose.
STEM Educators are expected to be hands-on and an integral part of the projects with the students. Familiarity with Google Suite is a must.The first responsibility is to help students navigate menus and follow along with online tutorials. You do not need to have mastered all the technology they are working with, but you do need to have a willingness to learn beside them and work through problems. One day you may be helping them understand a GPS sensor enough to describe in a children’s book, another day you are helping them backtrack to the right tutorial to get their Awesome Table integrated into their website correctly.
The primary focus will be to assist students in grades six through ten as they work on their Programming Instructables and their Fellowship projects. You are not alone. Support is there for you as well.
Current Projects include; Recycling Advancements using Robotics, Infrastructure and Bridge Engineering, Solid State Batteries, and Cryptocurrency. Applicants must be willing to explore unfamiliar topics such as Gene Therapy, Game Design, Living Walls, Agricultural Robotics, and 3D Printed Organs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead and work alongside groups of up to 22 students through curriculum-guided activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information and feedback to adjust teaching strategies
- Follow through with documentation, correspondence, and advanced prep work for consecutive classes
- Learn and use video editing software to assist with documenting progress of projects
- Demonstrate flexibility, energy, positivity, leadership abilities, and strong communication skills (think Doctor Who!)
- Criminal Background checks and Child Clearances must be current (We will help you get these if needed)
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Experience with the Google Suite of programs a must
- Expertise in two or more areas of technology
- A background working with kids, teens and camp experience is highly recommended.
- The ideal candidate would have completed 4+ years of college
- Applicants under 18 will not be considered.
- Inclusive and positive culture
- Help create meaningful projects
- Opportunities for performance-based raises
- Work with children who are excited about STEM
- Continue to build your personal skill set in a variety of STEM-related programs
- Create a folder on google drive
- Upload your Resume and Cover Letter
- Share that folder with our Director of Human Resources
Add to your experience, develop your skill set and realize your potential with our team!