August 21, 2017, the sky darkened and the kids from Baden Academy looked up with special glasses, with a special telescope, and with pinhole viewer reflections to be inspired.
Inspired they were! Solar science is a popular theme as applications come in for this year’s research fellowships at Baden Academy.
I can’t wait to see which projects the staff and administration choose.
- A book about a solar scientist who travels the world to capture two and a half minutes of data during an eclipse to learn more about the sun.
- An astronomy club that meets once a month at night.
- A mural and website about sun and the electromagnetic spectrum of photons that it emits
- A website about preventing radio, electrical, and digital information damage from solar flares and radiation.
- And a plethora of science fair projects being proposed. Plasma – here we come!
What have you been inspired to do?
Here are some resources you may want to explore!
- University of Colorado – the Science of the August 21 Eclipse
- Nova Episode – Eclipse over America
Special thanks to Dan Fisher for the generous donation of the Celestron Telescope and Mylar filters to allow us some close up looks that day.